So I’ve been in love with my Kobo Aura H2O. And I think I’ve been a Kobo fan because of it’s ease of use but I’ve never purchased a book from Google before and for some reason I couldn’t understand how to put the book onto my Kobo e-Reader. I’m sure the process is pretty much the same for all the other e-readers but this is the 3-step process that I went through and it works!
How to Put a Book on Your Kobo E-Reader
So I always heard that you could take your books from other platforms and put them on your Kobo (unlike the Kindle). But I just couldn’t remember how to do it. And sure enough I gave it a a shot in the bling and I had no idea what I was doing. So here are the three steps that I took to get it on.
Step 1: How to download books from Google Play
So when I download a book I purchased from Google Play Books I got this weird a** file that said “.acsm”. I’ve always thought that I was pretty computer savy but I’ve never seen this file before so I had no idea what I was supposed to do with it. A few quick Google searches and you learn acsm is short for Adobe Content Server Manager and it’s a XML-based message to show where the file is, basically meaning you need to install a program to read the file and download the epub for you.
Step 2: How to Convert an .acsm to .epub file
- First off you need to download the latest version of Adobe Digital Edition (ADE)
- Install ADE and authorize your computer with your Adobe account
- Directly drag the .acsm file you downloaded into ADE
- Get your epub from your file location
Windows: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Digital Editions
Mac: Home\Users\YourName\Documents\Digital Editions
Step 3: Authorize your Kobo eReader.
- Connect your eReader to your computer.
- Tap Connect on your eReader.
- Start Adobe Digital Editions.
- Next to Devices on the left panel, click the gear icon, then click Authorize Device.
- In the Device Authorization window, select your Adobe ID and click Authorize Device.
- Click OK.
- On your computer’s desktop, right-click on KOBOeReader, and click Eject.